Friday, January 9, 2009

Wit & Wisdom, week of Jan. 9

Here is this week's wit and wisdom, a collection of some of the funny or interesting things that Maggie has said over the past week. New words are in italics.
  • "You listen to me, and I'll listen to you. You boss me and I'll boss you. We can all do the same things that we all do!"
  • "I think the wicked witch [from Sleeping Beauty] isn't all bad. I think she's a little bit nice." When I asked her why she thought this, she answered, "Because when she captures Prince Phillip, she tells her soldiers, 'Gently. Gently, my pets.'"
  • "Wait, Mommy! I get to be the leader because I'm the special one."
  • I gave her some Skittles (a Christmas gift from her preschool teacher) and for some reason, Maggie cannot remember the name Skittles. Instead, she repeatedly calls them "tisks."
  • "Come here," she said to me. I rolled my computer chair closer to her, and she said, "Closer ... closer ..." until I was close enough that she gave me a hug. "That's your gift!" she said.
  • "Stop it, Mommy! You're destroying me!" (I think she meant to say 'disturbing.')
  • "When Daddy gets home, can I show him how I can pick up Sebastian importantly?"
  • On Wednesday, I had a follow-up dr. appt. to make sure last fall's swollen lymph node was still under control, and Maggie went with me since her preschool was closed. While we were waiting in the exam room, we had the following conversation:
    Maggie: "I can remember everything, Mommy. Can you?"
    Me: "No."
    Maggie: "Why not?"
    Me: "I guess it's because I'm so much older than you. Sometimes when you get older, you start to forget things."
    Maggie: "When I get old I'm going to remember everything from when I'm little and everything from when I'm grown up. I'm smart that way."

No comments: