- She asked if she could have a cookie, and I asked her what kind. "A fresh, soft, chewy chocolate chip cookie," she answered.
- "I suggest another rule ... We should take showers every night that I go poo-poo, just to be safe." (She has a new phobia about getting poop in her hair.)
- "Mommy, guess what tune I have stuck in my head?" She proceeded to hum "Once Upon a Dream" from Sleeping Beauty ... it just seemed like a grownup moment.
- Bobby was watching football on Sunday, and Maggie was playing in the floor with her back to the TV. She heard music and said, without ever turning around to look at the TV, "What's that, Daddy? I hear music. There's no music in football so it must be a commercial." As usual, she was right!
- We were leaving for Bible study on Thursday, and she had her arms full of stuffed animals and dolls. I told her she could only take one toy with her and the rest needed to stay home. It was funny to hear her rationalize why she was leaving each home instead of taking it with her. I think the funniest was for Baby Caca: "Caca's good enough to watch the home. She's brave enough to watch the home."
- "I think I got apple juice on my eyebrowns."
- When we had snow flurries earlier this week, I said something about wishing the snow would stick to the ground so we could play in it and sled down the hills in our neighborhood. She called me on it and said, "But we're not supposed to play in the road. Why does that change when it snows?"
- And from the rip-your-heart-out files, she said to Bobby, "I wish you could stay home all day all the time. It's not fair that you have to go to work and not stay here with me."
Keto Italian Meatball Casserole
4 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment