Maggie's gymnastics show at The Little Gym was Saturday morning. She had a new leotard for the occasion and was ready to go whenever her name was called. They burst through a curtain, performed their favorite trick on the red mat (Maggie did a handstand), and then sat against the wall while everyone enjoyed their big entrance. After that, they performed a warm-up routine using foam noodles.
Their floor routines were first.
... followed by balance beam.
High bar was next--it's Maggie's favorite. Here, Maggie gets a tickle from Miss Brooke, her favorite teacher, before starting her routine.
Upside down!
Not scared of the high bar.
Flipping over one of the low bars:
Maggie loooooves Miss Brooke and always wants to be wherever she is.
At the end of the show, there was an awards ceremony, complete with a podium, the Olympic fanfare music playing in the background, and gold medals for all. This picture is blurry, but I think it's so funny ... Maggie had such a swagger as she made her way to the podium.
Getting her medal:
After she climbed down from the podium, Maggie ran over to me, hugged me, and said, "I'm a winner!"
The class photo:
Making silly faces:
Maggie and Meghan show off their medals:
Maggie and Meghan have become close with a third girl in the class named Ella. The three of them were like the three muskateers -- they did everything together on Saturday. They all wanted to sit in Miss Rebecca's lap at the same time.
Maggie and Ella waiting by the wall:
Here they are checking out their medals at the end. Next semester, Meghan is switching to a dance class, but hopefully Ella will continue to be in this gymnastics class. After Saturday's class, she asked Bobby if she could come to our house and play -- I foresee a playdate in our future!
Maggie and Meghan with Miss Brooke after the awards ceremony. We love Miss Brooke!!
Yesterday afternoon, Maggie was invited to the birthday party of one of her classmates. It was a princess party at a downtown carousel, and all of the girls were invited to wear their princess dresses. Bobby took her to the party since I was hosting a book club get-together, and I'm sure he loved being amidst all those princesses! He managed to take a few pictures for me.
---

I'm working on getting some video uploaded ... of Christmas, of Maggie and Rebekah singing, and of the gymnastics show. It takes me forever to convert it to a Media Player-acceptable format, so bear with me ... hopefully I'll have it soon!






















2 comments:
Great photos!! Sarah would drool over those princess shoes!! I never thought I'd be a blogger either and here we are...
The gymnastics photos are great! How fun! And is that boy next to Maggie on the carousel there for the princess party??? It looks like Maggie has had a big week!
Post a Comment