Thursday, January 15, 2009

Bargain-hunting

I love shopping for Maggie, and I love getting good deals, so today was a near-perfect day! After my Thursday morning small group Bible study/book club, my friend Kim and I hit the mall to redeem our Gymbucks. I took a little bit of my Christmas money so that I didn't have to feel guilty about buying Maggie more clothes. I'm so excited at my deals ... check out what I got:

  • ivory turtleneck: original price - $12.50; sale price with Gymbucks -$4.11
  • fuschia turtleneck: original price - $12.50; sale price with GB-$4.11
  • Striped cardigan: original price - $36.50; sale price with GB-$7.70
  • Striped dress: original price - $29.50; sale price with GB-$9.25
  • Striped sunglasses: original price - $9:50; sale price with GB-$3.08
  • LS Valentine's shirt: original price - $19.50; sale price with GB-$3.59
  • LS hooded t-shirt: original price - $19.50; sale price with GB-$5.65
  • velour leggings: original price - $14:50; sale price with GB-$4.11
  • super cute bathing suit: original price - $22.75; sale price with GB-$6.68
  • set of 4 hair clips: original price - $7.50; sale price with GB-$2.56
  • plaid sun visor: original price - $9.50; sale price with GB-$.77
  • brown corduroy ballcap: original price - $9.50; sale price with GB-$1.27

Total original price: $203.25
My total: $52.88

SAVED: $150.37

Strasburg is also having a sale -- half off clearance and Christmas items. My "find" of the day was a gorgeous chocolate brown velvet jumper with light blue smocking across the breast and a light blue blouse underneath with brown piping. Regular price: $149.99. Price I paid: $38.65. Can you believe I saved $111 on one dress? (Granted, I never would have bought the dress at that original price. But still ...)

What a fun day!

2 comments:

Alicia said...

I've got some Gymbucks to redeem as well. No shopping w/ the kids, though. It's really hard to go to Gymboree with two kids in tow! That's awesome that you got some great deals!

Flickaghan said...

GREAT deals! I ended up with socks for Coop & tshirts for Cam.