- Since they worked on opposites in school last week, I was quizzing her--I'd shout out a word and she'd give me the opposite. I went through standard pairs, like big/small, young/old, dirty/clean, happy/sad, and she got all of them right. Toward the end of our game, I shouted out "fluffy." She thought for a few seconds and then answered, "Unfluffy!"
- She was helping me pull wallpaper down in the dining room, and she started on a section where I hadn't taken off the outlet covers yet. I'd told her to wait, and she started anyway, so I asked, "Maggie, what part of 'wait' don't you understand?" A while later, she'd asked to paint and I was still working in the dining room. "Mommy," she asked, "What part of 'I want to paint' do you not understand?"
- "Shadow was playing in the Christmas stander-up-thing." (translation: the Christmas tree stand)
- (TMI warning ...) "Mommy, you have GOT to come look at this poop!"
- We were eating dinner Monday night and she noticed the veins on the inside of her wrist. "Look at these blue lines!" she exclaimed. "Those are your veins," Bobby said, and I added, "Do you know what's in your veins?" She thought for a minute and shouted, "Healthy food!"
- Also on Monday night, she was being punished and had to go to bed with only one bedtime story instead of three, and no snuggling. She was still crying 30 min. later when she asked me to bring her something. I took it to her, and she asked, "When you come to bed can I still snuggle with you in your bed?" (She does this at some point every night.) I told her we'd see, and she responded with a pitiful, "But I might just cry all night. I might sit here and cry until you come up to bed."
- On Wed. night, I snuggled with her for a few minutes then told her I needed to go clean up downstairs. I went down and was loading dishes in the dishwasher when she called down, "Hey Mommy! I just thought of something. You don't need to wash dishes because we ate dinner at church tonight!" When I told her I thought this was a really smart conclusion to have drawn, she said, "I know."
Oh, quick reading update: She's finished all of the Bob books in series one, as well as the other series I got her for Christmas. We're going to Barnes & Noble after I pick her up from school, and I'm going to check out levels 2 and 3. I picked up two reading workbooks earlier this week, one K-1 level and the other 2nd-grade level. She's able to do just about everything in the K-1 and many things in the 2nd-grade book!

No comments:
Post a Comment