Saturday, January 3, 2009

Wit & Wisdom, week of Christmas/New Year's

Here are the funny or interesting things Maggie has said over the past couple of weeks. New (or newish) words are in italics.


  • "Maybe we should play something different, Mommy. You don't seem very interested in playing ponies."
  • "I'm not as excited about this Christmas as I was last year." When I asked her why, she said it was because Jinglers had to leave.
  • "If I go to the potty and accidentally get poop in my hair, can we wash it out?"
  • "I'm ready for some smoochin'." After I gave her a kiss, she popped her head out of bed and said, "Thank you Mommy for that kiss."
  • "Sometimes, I sneakily eat big peppermints."
  • She took an ornament off the tree, and I was trying to get her to hang it back up. "Does it have to go on a thick branch?" she asked. "No," I answered, "It's light, so it can go on a small branch." She replied: "Oh. So if it were dark, it would have to go on a thick branch?" She's got the right concept, wrong opposite ...
  • "In my opinion, 'sleep' means 'stay.' "
  • Today, Bobby and I were play-fighting about who loves Maggie more. She was sitting in his lap, so I had the best view -- seeing a huge smile spread across her face as we argued, "I love her more!" "No, I love her more!" When we finished, she commanded: "Again! Again! Fight over me again!"

1 comment:

Tina said...

I just love reading the things Maggie has said! I love the last one..Fight over me again! :)