Saturday, January 31, 2009

Random pictures

Time for photos!

Last weekend, Bobby was in Atlanta at a woodworking convention. While he was gone, I started pulling down the wallpaper in the dining room and kitchen -- I'm going to paint and redecorate a bit. The stuff in the dining room was more like fabric; it came down in whole, giant sheets. Maggie thought they'd make great "paint mats," so we lined the floor in the foyer with them and I let her paint with her WaterWow stuff. I went back to work, and she painted happily for a while, then I noticed that I kept hearing her go into the bathroom. When I came out to check on her, I found her washing her feet with the paint water and laughing hysterically.


free image hosting


She insisted that we call Daddy at the hotel and tell him what she'd done.

free image hosting


On Sunday, we went to the first birthday party of my friend's son Brennan. His birthday was actually back in Nov., but a stomach virus caused the party to be postponed until now. His "new" party was held on the one-year anniversary of his admission to TC Thompson Children's Hospital, where he fought slick-gut syndrome for nearly a month. Here, the big kids (Maggie, Heidi, Claire, and Tommy) enjoy their cake.

free image hosting


On Monday night Maggie dressed up for dinner ...

free image hosting


... and then proceeded to run laps around the downstairs. (Check out the sunshine yellow paint that was under the dining room wallcovering. Yeah, it's BRIGHT.)

free image hosting


Some of you might be wondering about a Facebook update I posted last week, where I said something harsh (but true) about people abandoning their pets. Without going into a lot of detail, let's just say that, yes, we have a new cat. He's 8 years old, blind in one eye, and was covered in motor oil when we found him, but I think you'll agree he's adjusting to his new life quite nicely. Maggie first wanted to name him Little Purrer, then Little Greasy Boy, then Lucky Lovebug. I think we've settled on just plain Lucky.

free image hosting

---

free image hosting

Finally, these last two photos were taken during my Thursday Bible study/book club. We meet at Jessica's house ... sometimes with kids present, sometimes not. On this particular day, Maggie and Brennan were fascinated by this small fan.

free image hosting

I think Maggie looks like such a big girl in this photo!

free image hosting

Happy weekend to everyone!

1 comment:

Destiny said...

Gee How lucky of Lucky to find a home as good as your's BTW I couldn't agree more about people just up and leaving animals we havea beautiful white cat running around our neighborhood that some one left.