Bath? Check.
PJ's? Check.
Teeth brushed? Check.
Stories read? Check.
Big-girl panties? Check.
Big-girl panties?
It seems Maggie is starting the new year with (hopefully) a new milestone ... wearing big-girl panties to bed. Our deal has always been that she had to keep her night-time pullup dry for five consecutive nights before we'd try panties. And I haven't been keeping super-strict track, but I know that over the last 10-14 nights, she's only woken up wet once. So here we are.
It's sort of fitting that she's doing this on Jan. 1. After all, she daytime potty-trained on July 4. At the time, I joked that she celebrated by declaring her independence from diapers. If all goes well tonight, I guess she'll be celebrating the new year by reaching a huge new milestone.
I worry that might be setting her up for failure on this particular night. She drank a ton of water before bed -- not good for PT'ing, but I never want to withhold it from her since it's healthy -- and she's really tired. She stayed up much later than usual last night for New Year's Eve, and I'm afraid if she sleeps deeply, she might not wake up to use the bathroom if needed. But was super excited about being in panties tonight, and I guess you've got to start somewhere.
Wish us luck ... I'm sure I'll be posting an update in the morning!
Keto Italian Meatball Casserole
4 years ago

2 comments:
So how did it go? ;) Derek will probably be in night time diapers for a LONG LONG time ( he sleeps so hard that he soaks through them some nights.
I'm keeping my fingers crossed too. It is so amazing to think how "big" she is and how old she is, I still think of her as a baby too.
Happy New Year to your family, may your 2009 be filled with many blessings, including no more diapers.
I hope it went well. It is so hard going through all these big milestones. They aren't babies anymore! So sad!
Post a Comment