Friday, March 6, 2009

Wit and Wisdom, week of March 6

Here is this week's wit and wisdom, a collection of cute or funny things Maggie has said over the past week. New words are in italics.
  • "We're an ant family! Let's celebrate food!"
  • "Mommy, do you want to know what I dreamed last night? I dreamed I was a chocolate bar. I was a chocolate bar growing in a garden, and somebody picked me and ate me!"
  • "I need to go home because my wife needs me for tea."
  • Whenever she eats nuts, she likes to pretend she's a bird since she learned once that birds eat nuts and seeds. She was eating some mixed nuts this week and pretending she was pecking them with her mouth/beak when suddenly she announced, "Birds eat with their peckers!"
  • "Let's have everything we do all day be a secret and not tell Daddy."

  • We had the following conversation in the car on Tuesday:
    Mag: "Mommy, I have three watches. Do you have three watches?"
    me: "No, I only have one. I think Daddy has three but he doesn't wear them all."
    Mag: "When I'm a grownup, I'm going to wear all three of mine."
    me: "All at once, or one at a time?"
    Mag: "Well, I'll wear my Ariel watch at breakfast, and my kitty watch at lunch, and my water watch at dinner."
    me: "That sounds like a good plan."
    Mag: "Or maybe I'll wear my water watch on my right hand [she raises right hand in the air] and the other two on my left hand [raises left hand]. Because the Ariel and kitty watches are girl watches and the water watch is a boy watch."
    me: "Why does that matter?"
    Mag: "Because my right side is my boy side, and my left side is my girl side."

No comments: