Friday, March 13, 2009

Wit and Wisdom, week of March 13

Here is this week's wit and wisdom, a collection of silly or clever things Maggie has said. New words are in italics.

  • "I can't see without my glasses -- I'm a Mommy." (I guess all moms need glasses?) Then she added, "Unless I'm wearing my contact lenses."
  • We drove past a Hardee's and she said, "Mommy, sometime I want to go to Hardeebucks." I didn't understand what this meant, so I kept quizzing her. Where? Where? What? What are Hardeebucks? She grew more and more frustrated and finally answered, "They're not things. It's a place. Hardeebucks. Like Starbucks. Hardeebucks."
  • "I am detective Maggie."
  • "When I fall down, my boss gets made at me." When I asked her who her boss was, she replied, "Caca. Caca likes to pretend that she's my boss."

I haven't done a great job of keeping up with her sayings this week, so here are a few examples of her writing -- it's getting so much better! This is a birthday card she made for my mom last week. I told her how to spell 'happy birthday' and she wrote the letters. She got a little silly while writing "Grandma," but I was really impressed with how legible her letters were until then:

free image hosting


My scanner cut off the bottom, but you can sort of see the "Love Maggie" that she signed.

The front of her card featured a G for grandma.


free image hosting


On the back, she put a bunch of stickers, which then led to stickers on the front and inside. One thing I thought was cute was that she named several of the heart stickers and insisted I write the names above each heart. Some of her names included Head, Mr. Old Head, Mr. Daddy, Nickel, Knucklehead, Maggie, Sharley, Happy Face, Mr. Rainbow, Mr. Paper, Charlotte, and The Mr. Sky. Silly girl!

free image hosting


Also on the back of the card, she drew a rainbow and then labled it as such. When writing the I, she wrote the vertical line, then the horizontal line at the bottom. Finally she did the top horizontal line, but she did it very zig-zagged. When I asked her why she'd done it that way, she said, "It's an I with hair!"

This is a note she wrote me earlier this week. It says "Maggie, I love you Mommy."

free image hosting


And here's one she wrote a couple of weeks ago. I love this one because I think her style is so funny ... if she runs out of room, she just finishes up the word wherever. This note actually says "Love you friend, luv Maggie," but you can see that 'friend' is a little scattered, as is 'Maggie.'

free image hosting


Finally, she's learned how to play tic-tac-toe, and she's pretty good! She and Bobby played several games one night at dinner; here are their results. She was O's and he was X's. I think each of them won one game, and the rest were tied.

free image hosting





No comments: