Thursday, March 26, 2009

Signs of spring

We've had some really nice days lately, and I've been slacking in the housework department, opting instead to spend lots of time with Maggie outside. (I was actually glad for the past couple days' rain ... it forced me to stay inside and get some work done!) Anyway, here are some pictures from our fun.

On Monday after preschool, we met Alicia and her kids at a nearby park. The girls played hopscotch for a while ...

Photobucket

Photobucket



Then they sat in the shade and played with Maggie's new dolls and figurines.


Photobucket

Photobucket


Today's rain finally gave way to some sun, but not before a really attractive mud pit had formed in a small area of our back yard. (That's a sarcastic description if you're a 37-year-old homeowner, and a pretty accurate description if you're a 4-year-old.) Bet you can't guess what Maggie did this afternoon...

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Back in the fall, lots of my blogging friends shared their pictures of the area's gorgeous fall colors. I never got around to doing that, but I sure got some pretty spring shots today! These are the tulips in our front yard:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


Our Jane Magnolia, which we bought as an anniversary gift the first spring we lived in our house -- it gets prettier every year!

Photobucket

Photobucket


A redbud, on the way to my mother-in-law's:

Photobucket



And, finally, my neighbor's Yoshino cherry tree, which I drool over every spring:

Photobucket

It's springtime in the South! Get outside and enjoy it!

3 comments:

Destiny said...

What beautiful Spring pictures. I love all of the beautiful trees you have there, ours are green or leafless in AZ

Alicia said...

I need to get some spring pics too. I wish I had captured the pear trees before their blooms flew away.
Love the pics of the girls!

Anonymous said...

Isn't it funny how you can see photos of someone for her entire life, and she seems to just be changing ever-so-slightly each time, and then suddenly one grabs you and you realize, "Holy crap! She's growing up! She's really a big kid now, no longer a toddler!"

Yeah, the hopscotch photos just did that to me. She's beyond gorgeous, just suddenly not-baby. Sigh.