We survived our first night/day away from Maggie! Dropping her off yesterday was hard -- I cried for about 30 minutes after we left her, and again later when I got off the phone after telling her good-night. She, on the other hand, was Miss Independent. Before we left, I was telling her that if she feels homesick or misses Mommy or Daddy too much, it's OK to tell Grandma and we'll come get her early. She responded, "I'm NOT going to want to come home early." And when I buckled her into her car seat after we'd switched it to their car, I said, "I'll call you every night to say good-night and hear all about your day!" and she answered, "Mommy, DON'T call me every day!" (Too bad, sister ... I'm calling.)
Today's been better on me. I stripped, primed, and taped the kitchen and am all ready to begin painting tomorrow. I watched adult TV all day -- not a single animated show -- and took a shower in 100% private. And I haven't cried once!
Maggie is having a blast, which always helps. According to the six emails I received from my mother today, she played grocery store with my parents, changed outfits four times, inhaled mac-and-cheese at lunch, watched The Wizard of Oz, and went to a McDonald's playground (which in itself was a huge treat since we never go to McDonald's). Here are a few pictures.
Climbing in a very old, very homemade cat condo:
My parents have been watching the neighbor's dog, Snowball. Snowball has to go home tomorrow, and apparently Maggie isn't happy about it.
This is a new cat that recently showed up at my parents' house. They took her to the vet today and were glad to find out she'd already been spayed. Her name is Tabitha, and it's really cute to hear Maggie pronounce it. She's very deliberate ... Tab. Ith. A.
Tonight on the phone, she was very talkative about her day, and she admitted that she did want me to call her every day. I told her I'd talk to her again tomorrow night, and she said, "Call me before then!"
She won't have to twist my arm ...
Keto Italian Meatball Casserole
4 years ago




2 comments:
How cute! Glad to hear that Maggie is having fun and that things are going well!! Enjoy those phone calls!
I am so glad Maggie is doing so well. And I have to admit that first private shower is so wonderful...now try a bath, it is so AMAZING!!!!! ;)
Post a Comment