Friday, August 1, 2008

Wit & Wisdom, week of August 1

Here is this week's wit and wisdom, a collection of funny or insightful things Maggie has said this week. New words are in italics.
  • She was pretending I was a baby bird and she was the mama bird. She brought me my lunch, and it was, of all things, an egg. When I asked her if this wasn't a bit cannibalistic, she said, "No. Birds give us eggs, so they probably give them to each other too." I know she doesn't have a clue what cannibalism is, but I thought her logic was pretty good nonetheless.
  • "It's definitely too hot."
  • "Mommy, 1+1+1+1 is four! I figured that out before you did!"
  • "Here's a whistle. We can play soccer team. You're the soccer team, and when I blow the whistle, you have to do what I say." (that game didn't last long ... my ears couldn't take it)
  • "I'm going to eat all my lunch because I'm absolutely too hungry. Then I will be not hungry anymore."

No comments: