Friday, August 15, 2008

Wit and Wisdom, week of August 15

Here is this week's wit and wisdom -- funny things Maggie has said. New words are in italics.
  • while flipping through her Bible: "I have to have a collection. And this Bible will tell me what's in my collection."
  • "Just because I complain about something doesn't mean you have to complain about it too."
  • while playing with her dolls: "This is the mommy, Jasmine. And the Mommy Jasmine is playing with her baby, Honey Dear Jasmine." and she continues to call the smaller Jasmine "Honey Dear."
  • "He's just full of loveness."
  • "When I was little, I was frightened of Santa."
  • "Hey Daddy, isn't I looking pretty today? This shirt is really comfortable."
  • I made popcorn on the stovetop the other night while we were watching the Olympics. Maggie took a bite and declared, "This popcorn tastes like mowed grass."
  • "I know what I'm doing, Mommy. I always know what I'm doing."

She started a new Kindermusik class this week; she's done KM since she was six months old, but she's moved into an older class where the parents aren't present, except for the last 15 min. of class when they do "sharing time." I don't know if it's the absence of Mommy or what, but all of a sudden, she's started referring to Kindermusik as kindergarten. It's happened multiple times, in a variety of different contexts. Next week might be interesting when Ms. Anne finds out she's been promoted to kindergarten teacher! ;-)

No comments: