As you can see from below, I've been in picture-taking mode today. I couldn't resist getting a closeup of this pose. What a ham.
After the cute pose in the big bag, Maggie decided to show me her many funny faces. I'd say, "Show me a scared face," and she'd comply. And so it went with a gamut of emotions. Here's her silly face:
And her scared face:
Angry:
Surprised:
Dead (her idea, not mine):
Happy:
And finally, I leave you with Maggie's Thinking Face. Explanation below.
Whenever she finishes a time-out, either Bobby or I (whoever sent her there in the first place) have a talk with her to discuss why she got a time-out, how she can do better next time, etc. The Timeout Talk always ends with an apology (from her) and a hug and kiss (from both of us), and it always begins with the same question: "Why did you get sent to time-out?" I think/hope that making her think about and describe to us why she was put in time-out will help her realize the consequences to specific actions. Anyway, lately, this is the expression that comes across her face whenever I ask her why she was in time-out. When I got onto her the other day for not taking this seriously, she explained to me very logically that she WAS thinking about it. "I look to this side, Mommy," she said as she rolled her eyes up toward her left. Then she pointed to an area just above her left temple. "I'm trying to think right there. That's where I remember."
And the Oscar goes to ME for keeping a straight face during this explanation and the remainder of the Timeout Talk.
Keto Italian Meatball Casserole
4 years ago









3 comments:
I love seeing pictures of her! And that's a great idea to get pictures of her different faces.
Very, very cute! Looks like you guys have had a fun week!
What a little ham!! Maggie always cracks me up! She is so cute!
Post a Comment