Friday, August 29, 2008

Wit & Wisdom, last week of August

Here is this week's wit and wisdom, a collection of the funny or insightful things Maggie's said this week. New words are in italics.
  • "You have all those pictures blogged up there."
  • "I'm going to wear this necklace and return Monday library." (????)
  • Bobby overheard this statement: "Mattie is my very best friend. [she gives this classification to anyone she's recently played with] She is so special to me. I hope she doesn't do thinks with bad intentions like I do." Not only were we cracking up at her use of the word intentions, but when he questioned Maggie on doing things with "bad intentions," she got the funniest look on her face, like "Uh-oh, I've been caught," then admitted that she does sometimes do things with bad intentions.
  • On Monday night, she had a huge meltdown because I was upstairs and refused to come back downstairs to carry her up. She kept crying that she didn't feel like walking. I eventually won this particular battle of wills, and the next day, the same situation arose. I reminded her about our conversation the previous night, and she answered with a very defeated tone, "OK, OK, I'll walk up there ... but I'm NOT happy about it."
  • "I'm going to the talented ocean." (in other words, the Atlantic Ocean)
  • Bobby was on the roof, checking for a possible leak, and Maggie wanted to go outside to see him up on the roof. I asked her which part of the roof he was on, meaning the back or front (so I'd know whether we needed to go out the front door or the back door). She replied, with a 'well duh' tone to her voice, "The top part!"
  • At dinner, she stole Bobby's spoon and said she wanted to use "a gold shiny one" rather than her Shrek spoon. (No, our flatware is not gold!) He was in the process of getting his spoon back from her when she suddenly stuck it in her mouth and started licking all over it. "Sorry, it has my germs all over it," she said. "You can't have it because we don't share germs." I know we probably should have said something to her about the grossness of licking other people's utensils, but it was just so darn funny ... we had to laugh.

No comments: