Sunday, April 6, 2008

Update #2

As many of you know, I took Maggie back to the doctor on Friday. Her lungs sounded basically the same -- no better, but no worse. The good news is that Maggie's fever is gone, so she isn't contagious any more. She has been coughing pretty badly with any increase in activity, so we've been trying to keep her calm ... not so easy when you have a 3-year-old who's tired of being cooped up in the house!

We took her to the Aquarium on Friday (Bobby was off because it was our anniversary), thinking it would be a way for her to get out of the house without encountering too much physical activity. Boy, were we wrong! She was so happy to be out, she was running around like a prisoner who'd just been released on good behavior. Inside, outside ... it didn't matter. Needless to say, we made quick visits to the butterflies, penguins, and turtles, then headed home. (And I finally remembered to bring my camera, so I got some cute pictures and will post them soon.)

I think she's ready to go back to preschool, except I worry about excess activity, especially with Maggie's excitement at feeling better and wanting to play. Tuesday is picture day, so they won't be going out to the playground that day -- good for us! I talked to her teacher tonight at church, and she said she'd be sure to keep a close watch on Maggie and that Maggie could sit in her lap during p.e. rather than doing the activities with the other kids. (I'd forgotten they have p.e. on Tuesdays.) Mrs. Red might have her hands full trying to keep Maggie still, but I'm so grateful Maggie will be so lovingly watched over. We love Mrs. Red -- she's the BEST!!! :)

No comments: