Friday, April 4, 2008

A decade together

Today is our 10th wedding anniversary! It's hard to believe we've been married TEN YEARS! It hasn't always been a walk in the park, but it's always been worth it. Bobby and I laugh about some of it now -- the fashions don't seem too hip by today's standards, and he cringes every time he sees his haircut and big glasses. But we had a wonderful day, and more importantly, have had a wonderful marriage. Here are some pictures from our wedding day.

Here I am with my bridesmaids at the our luncheon the day before. The luncheon was hosted by my Aunt Cherrie and held at The Adams-Hilborne House B&B (now under new mgt. as The Mayor's Mansion Inn):




With my dad at the rehearsal:



Just after I'd had my hair and makeup done the morning of the wedding:




The rest of these photos were taken by our professional photographer, Barry Aslinger, of Hixson TN. If anyone out there is looking for a photographer, he's fantastic, and we recommend him 110%. In fact, we still use him -- he's taken most all of Maggie's professional portraits, as well as the family picture of us at the top of the blog.

Walking to the chapel




With my dad, about to go down the aisle:




We were married in UTC's Patten Chapel, a beautiful old college chapel.




Here I am with my bridesmaids:




Our wedding party:




I love this picture of Kirby and me. It's just a great, casual candid photo.




I still think these next few are just cool-looking:










Our reception was held at the Chattanooga Theatre Centre. They have a big, spacious lobby that overlooks the Tennessee River and has great views of Downtown Chattanooga. Here's a shot from our first dance:




In high school, my four closest friends and I participated in our school's talent show and performed what would later become known as simply The Act. (We dressed in 60s dresses, beehive hairdos, and lip-synched/danced to The Supremes' "Stop in the Name of Love." And yes, we're aware we had a few extra members.) These same four friends were among my bridesmaids, and unbeknownst to them, I had the DJ talk about this famed performance before playing "Stop in the Name of Love." We couldn't resist reliving The Act.




Kirby, the Diana Ross of our group, even sat in my grandfather's lap to serenade him!




My friends were on the dance floor (literally), fighting over the bouquet when I tossed it. Catherine (on her stomach) ended up with a fistful of flowers, but Julie (in the rear) got most of it. Think a few of them had wedding fever?




Being pelted with birdseed as we left the reception:




Driving away in the get-away car, a rented Mustang convertible. (We drove to our honeymoon in style! ;) )




I didn't scan in all the honeymoon pictures, but we had a great time honeymooning in Amelia Island, Florida. We stayed in a gorgeous suite at the beautiful Fairbanks House B&B (we had Room 3, if you check out their site) and spent the first week of our marriage in relaxation and luxury ...

... and lived happily ever after.



Happy anniversary, Bob. I love you bunches.

5 comments:

Candy said...

Happy Anniversary! I love the pics and stroll down memory lane, especially since I didn't know you then! Here's to many, many more years for you and Bob!

Jennifer said...

Happy Anniversary!!! I love the pictures. It is funny how styles can change so much in 10 years!

Kate said...

Aww, sweet. Happy anniversary!

Alicia said...

Happy 10th Anniversary!!! What great pics!

Laura said...

Happy 10th Anniversary!!!! I LOVE the wedding pics! You looked beautiful!