Friday, April 4, 2008

This week's Wit and Wisdom

Sorry I missed last week; we were on the road and I didn't exactly have a good way to keep track of Maggie's cute/insightful sayings. Here are some from this week (new words are in italics).
  • "I know what rhymes with possibility -- fallability." When asked to define fallability, she said it means when someone is going to fall and then they say the word "possibility." :)

  • "Mommy, I don't like boys as much as I like girls. That's why I always want you to snuggle with me at night." (Let's hope she still finds boys as offensive when she's a teenager ...)

  • "I can say thu - under now. When I was a little girl, I said 'funder,' but now I'm a big girl and I can say thu - under."

  • "Is there cat vomit in my ear?"

  • "That's the pretty sunshine Maggie." (talking about the baby in the sun on Teletubbies)

  • "Can you tell me how to say retention?" Well it sounds like you just said it, Bobby replied. Then she asked what retention meant. When I asked her where she heard the word retention, she said "From Bassy" (referring to Sebastian, one of our cats)
  • "I need something stylish."
  • "You're thanked [to Daddy]. I'm welcomed. And you're [to Mommy] the clean-upper."
  • "My arms are sleeping . You have to be quiet so you don't wake them up."

1 comment:

Laura said...

Where the heck does she get this stuff? So funny!