Monday, April 7, 2008

Movie game

Thanks to Kate, I’m going to jump in on this movie game. I don't go see a lot of new movies, but this sounded fun to do with my favorites. Here are the rules:

  1. Pick 10 of your favorite movies.
  2. Go to IMDb and find a quote from each movie.
  3. Post them on your blog for everyone to guess.
  4. Strike it out when someone guesses correctly, and put who guessed it and the movie. (I can't find a strike-through command, so I'm just going to italicize the ones that have been guessed.)

And one rule for those of you filling it out:
5. Looking them up is cheating, please don’t.

Without further ado, then, here are quotes from 10 of my favorite movies … Your job is to name the movie each quote comes from. You can make a guess by leaving a comment, or email me directly.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

  1. "All I'm saying is that somewhere out there is the man you are supposed to marry. And if you don't get him first, somebody else will, and you'll have to spend the rest of your life knowing that somebody else is married to your husband." When Harry Met Sally (Dee got this one)
  2. "For a single man in possession of a good fortune must be in want of a wife." - Jennifer H. got this one -- it's from "Pride & Prejudice."
  3. "The man is the head, but the woman is the neck. And she can turn the head any way she wants." - Yay Candy! It's from "My Big, Fat, Greek Wedding."
  4. "Now gentlemen, in this country our courts are the great levelers, and in our courts all men are created equal. I'm no idealist to believe firmly in the integrity of our courts and of our jury system. That's no ideal to me -- that is a living, working reality. Now I am confident that you gentlemen will review without passion the evidence that you have heard, come to a decision, and restore this man to his family. In the name of God, do your duty." - To Kill A Mockingbird. I knew Dee would know this one!!
  5. "I passed through the seven levels of the Candy Cane forest, through the sea of swirly twirly gum drops, and then I walked through the Lincoln Tunnel." - Alicia got this one. Well, really Darrin got it. ;) It's from "Elf."
  6. "Life is a storm, my young friend. You will bask in the sunlight one moment, be shattered on the rocks the next. What makes you a man is what you do when that storm comes. You must look into that storm and shout as you did in Rome: Do your worst, for I will do mine!" No one got this one (except for Bobby)! It's from "The Count of Monte Cristo." Great movie.
  7. "Let's win this game for all the small schools that never had a chance to get here." - Hoosiers (the best sports movie ever, in my opinion). Jenn H got this one ... and was nice enough to wait on her guess, to give others time to play too. ;)
  8. "In the heat of battle, my father wove a tapestry of obscenities that as far as we know is still hanging in space over Lake Michigan." Jennifer H. knew this one too ... it's from "A Christmas Story." LOVE that movie, ha ha ha.
  9. "I love you every minute. I love you more than band music and cookie-making." Dee got this one too ... it's from "The Other Sister." (So here's the hazard in letting your best friend play ... she already knows all your favorite movies!)
  10. "He's got a two day head start on you, which is more than he needs. Brody's got friends in every town and village from here to the Sudan, he speaks a dozen languages, knows every local custom, he'll blend in, disappear, you'll never see him again. With any luck, he's got the grail already." Way to go, Kirby ... this is from "Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade."

4 comments:

Candy said...

This is a great idea! I'm going to steal it, too, for my blog. As for guesses, I have heard several of those lines but cannot for the life of me figure the movie out!

Is the first one from "Return to me?"

LeeAnne said...

Nope Candy, but that's a good guess! I'll have to check out your blog to play your game too! :)

Candy said...

Oh, oh, oh!!!! #3 is My Big Fat Greek Wedding! I still am having issues with 1, 2, & 9. They are super familiar but I cannot place them...

The Hopkins Family said...

Ok, I love this game! I think #2 is Pride & Prejudice. #8 is definitely A Christmas Story. Many years of day-long marathons of that movie are stuck in my head forever! #1 is driving me crazy. I know that I know it, I just can't put my finger on it!