Last night, my best friend came over as we were getting Maggie ready for bed -- she said she needed a Maggie hug. After the necessary hugs and affection, Bobby took Maggie to her room to read stories, and my friend and I sat on my bed talking and laughing. A few minutes later, Maggie opened my bedroom door, poked her little head inside, and asked, "What's all the laughing in here, guys?" Dee explained that it was just "girl talk," and Maggie immediately asked, "What's girl talk?" Dee told her that girl talk was anything you didn't want a yucky boy to hear or know about. (Which was sort of fitting, given that lately, Maggie has declared she only likes girls and doesn't like boys, sometimes including Daddy in the latter category.)
Maggie seemed happy with this explanation and went back to her room for more stories. A few minutes later, she came back in to my room, plopped herself down on the bed, and said, "Talk girl talk to me." I started stroking her hair and saying, "Your hair is so pretty. What do you think it would look like if we ..." and before I could finish, Maggie exploded with the biggest, fakest laugh you've ever heard. She threw her head back, covered her open mouth, and shouted something that resembled "Aaaah Haaa Haaa Haaaa!!" I tried resuming my question about her hair, and she did it again. She'd heard us laughing before, so I guess she thought girl talk had to be funny all the time.
Finally, we three gals just agreed that boys are in fact yucky, and my friend and I left our real girl talk for another day.
Keto Italian Meatball Casserole
4 years ago

2 comments:
That is so funny! You can tell Maggie wants to be so grown up. How cute!
LOL, gotta love their innocence!
Post a Comment