Like most 3-year-olds, Maggie can throw a mean tantrum. It's like that line from Forrest Gump ... they're like a box of chocolates, and you never know what you're going to get. After Friday's aquarium trip, she threw a monster one. I can't even remember what set her off. Oh, wait, yes I do. We'd gotten her a popsicle on the way home, and I stupidly gave it to her to eat in her carseat. Thinking of the potential mess, I immediately regretted this and tried to think of a way to get the popsicle back from her. When she sat there holding it and not eating it, I said, "If you're not going to eat it, let me hold it until we get home." (We weren't far from home; we'd stopped at Walgreens to pick up her prescriptions.)
Well, that sent her off. She started screaming like crazy in the car, demanding that I give her popsicle back. She carried on so much that I put her in timeout as soon as she got home, and Bobby got the bright idea to take a picture of her, "just to show her later how silly she looks."

That only made things worse. She was screaming "STOP TAKING MY PICTURE!!!" and what did Bobby do? Of course. He kept clicking away.


What was it I said in the blog's welcome? Life with a 3-year-old is so much fun? Ah, yes, this is indeed the life.
1 comment:
Oh the joys! I always find it so hard to keep my composure when the tantrums fly, especially when over such ridiculous topics. Great pics! LOL
Post a Comment