- Here is this week's "Wit and Wisdom," courtesy of Maggie. (New words are in italics.)
- "I really need to repair my life."
- "Thank you, miss." (said to Mommy)
- "Am I still 3?" Yes. "I want to be 2 again." Why? "I like 2 better."
- "I don't want to move the entertainment center. It kills me to move the entertainment center. It feels bad."
- "I'm quite not sure I have to use the bathroom."
- "That's not cool, Mommy. It's neat."
- "Blow it down" (the opposite of blowing something up, I guess)
- "That reminds me of ..."
Here's a funny conversation we had last night at dinner:
Me: "Maggie, you're a turkey."
Maggie: "No, I'm amazing." - pause - "I'm hilarious." - starts giggling - "I'm a stomachache." - now laughing so hard she can barely talk - "I'm a napkin. I'm a picture frame..." And so it continued until she'd named every item in the dining room.
Finally, I know you fellow moms of 3-year-olds will appreciate this last entry. You know how a 3yo can melt down in an instant? Sometimes it's over typical things like having a toy taken away or not getting to do something herself. But sometimes the best and biggest tantrums occur over the most unreasonable of issues, so much so that it's almost humorous. Today, for fun, I decided to keep a list of the silly things that sent Maggie into a tailspin:
- Her coat was sitting in the floor of the car, and she wanted it in the seat next to her.
- I cleaned up the cat throwup before she got a chance to see it. (Points for grossness.)
- I wouldn't let her drink the tuna juice. (I'd drained it from the can and was giving it to the cat as a treat.)
- She asked for a drink of water at bedtime, and I brought it in her Snoopy cup instead of the Veggie Tales cup. Adding insult to injury, I was the one who brought the water, and she'd wanted Daddy to do it. (Though we failed to channel our mind-reading abilities, since she never declared her preference for the Veggie Tales cup or Daddy delivering it as opposed to Mommy.)

1 comment:
oh I have so been there in tantrum land...Monet just follows after her big brother...I can't wait until she decides on her what I did wrong in her scope of things.
Post a Comment