Monday, July 20, 2009

Toes, parties, and fundraising

I saw the orthopedist today for a follow-up on my broken toe, and it was good news!! Three different x-rays showed that the toe is healing nicely! The doctor says it takes a minimum of six weeks for any broken bone to heal, so I've got two more to go, but I'm on the right track. He also said I can begin transitioning from the bulky orthopedic boot I've been wearing, but if I choose to do so, I'll need a specially-fitted protective insert for my tennis shoe. And I can only wear tennis shoes - no sandals, flip-flops, or heels. I'm not sure I want to spend the time or money getting fitted for this other device when I'll only be wearing it for two weeks, so I may - reluctantly - stick with my boot for 11 more days.

---

I'm hosting a Chez Ami party on Thursday night if any of you are interested in getting some cute fall clothes for your kids. I had sworn off hosting direct sales parties like this - I'll come to other people's all day long, but the stress of cleaning my house and getting RSVP's lined up never quite outweighs all those great hostess bonuses you're promised (mainly because my parties seem to set records for their low attendance). But a friend from church just signed on to be a Chez Ami rep, so I'm doing this as a favor. A big favor. Anyway, I've touted the party on facebook and via e-vites, so I figured it warranted a mention here too.

---

Two quick fundraising opportunities which I hope to write more about soon:

1) On Saturday, Sept. 12, I'll be walking again in Chattanooga's Walk to Cure Lupus. There's a link at the top of this blog, and I'd love for all my blog readers to support me either through a financial donation or by joining the team and walking with us!! Last year we earned a Bronze Level Award for raising more than $1,000 (our total was closer to $2,000!), so we've set an even more ambitious goal this year. Please help us get there!

2) Maggie's new school is selling cases of Coca-Cola products to raise money. In this economy, local private schools are suffering from lowered enrollment, and fund-raising opportunities like this are crucial for the school to continue offering its small classes and extra programs. If you enjoy Coke products and buy them already, please consider buying from Maggie instead. Cases of 24 20-ounce bottles are available for $20 and nearly 20 different varieties are available. The early bird sale ends Friday, but the sale will resume in August, so let me know if you're interested.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear that your toe is healing without any problems!! As for the sales, I wish we lived closer...

(Seems to me I've said that before!)