Thursday, December 18, 2008

Recognition

Remember the Alliance for Lupus fundraising walk I did with several friends back in October? Check out the plaque I received yesterday from the ALR …


free image hosting



(Sorry, I don't like to use my last name here ... you just never know who's looking.)

Because we ended up having some after-the-walk donations come through, our team total for 2008 was officially $1,888.75! I remember when I was setting up our team webpage and it asked me to designate a team goal. I sort of picked $1,000 out of the blue, and I thought that was being pretty optimistic. So to surpass this goal by over $800 is positively TREMENDOUS!! And this was only our first year! The Chattanooga walk overall raised more than $19,000, and 100% of this money will go toward research into a cure for lupus.

I’ve said it before, but I just wanted to say again how very much I appreciate everyone who was part of my team, either by walking with me or donating to support this cause that’s so personal for me. I hope even more of you will be able join me in the walk next year—anyone think we could beat $2,000?

(By the way, you can still donate! There's a link at the very bottom of this blog page.)

No comments: