Saturday, February 21, 2009

Wit & Wisdom, week of Feb. 20

Here's this week's wit and wisdom, a collection of funny or new things Maggie has said. Any new words will be in italics.
  • "Can we go eat soup from China?" (took us a minute to figure out that she wanted to go to the Chinese restaurant -- she loves their egg drop soup.)
  • "I'm so huggative!"
  • "I can make my magic wand turn into a sword. I just say, 'Magic wand, please turn into a sword,' and look [flips the wand around, pointing the stick part at me] ... it's a sword!"
  • She was playing with her dolls and said something about waking up one of them who was taking a nap. I joked with her and said, "But you're never supposed to wake a sleeping baby!" She answered back with, "Mama, donchaknow that when you're in a family, the family is supposed to decide when the baby goes to bed and when the baby wakes up? Donchaknow this?"
  • Bobby suggested she climb up on the couch with him and take a nap, and she said, "You go ahead and get started on that nap, Daddy. I'll catch up with you later."

1 comment:

Kimberly said...

LeeAnne: these gems are priceless. That Maggie is just too smart! I would love for us all to get together some day. I think Fiona and Maggie would hit it off!