Wednesday, February 4, 2009

An unhappy change of plans

Some of you know that Bobby is having surgery on his shoulder tomorrow. It's outpatient surgery, so if all goes well, he'll be in his own bed, happily under the influence of powerful pain meds, by this time tomorrow. He's having left shoulder arthroscopy distal clavical excision/subacromial decompression with possible labral repair. Google it if you want; I have no idea what all that means -- he only gave me the info from the hospital tonight.

The original plan was for us to be at the hospital at 8:30, surgery at 10:30, two-ish hours for the procedure, then recovery, then home. Well, while I was at church tonight, the hospital called with a teeny-weeny change of plans. I don't know what the surgery time is now, but we have to be there at ...





... wait for it ...





4:45 a.m.


My head started hurting as soon as I heard those numbers and hasn't stopped yet. I haven't seen 4:45 a.m. since Maggie was an infant.

Pray for us. Both of us.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

If it makes you feel any better, at 4:45 your time, I'll have my kids up and almost out the door for school. Call me if you want to chat... ;-P

Seriously though, I hope all goes well for Bobby!

Destiny said...

I hope you are sleeping peacefully and ready for an EARLY morning.