Thursday, February 5, 2009

An hour behind ...

So Bobby's surgery was supposed to start at 7, but at 8:05 the waiting room "receptionist" (what is she, anyway?) came over to tell me they'd just gotten started. I can't help but thinking we both could have had an extra hour of sleep -- and when your alarm goes off at 3:30 a.m., every minute counts.

Other than our freakishly early morning, it hasn't been too bad. I had the waiting room to myself for a while, so I got to pick a prime spot near an outlet -- thanks to mom for letting me borrow her laptop. Between the two loud gentlemen next to me and a super-loud TV, I don't think I'd get much reading done. Then again, I did bring Harry Potter ... it's always easy to immerse yourself in crack. And my wonderful friend Donna stopped by on her way to UTC and brought me a venti hazelnut latte from Starbucks -- my sign of a true friend. ;-)

I really have to pee, but that would involve shutting down the computer, packing everything up, and lugging it all to the bathroom with me. Some things just aren't worth it. My mom always called me Iron Kidneys ... we'll see about that today. Though with all the coffee I've had, I may not be able to make it much longer. (Because I know you really care about these sorts of details.)

OK, I've really got to go ...

No comments: