Friday, September 5, 2008

Wit & Wisdom, week of Labor Day

Here is this week's wit and wisdom, a collection of funny or insightful things Maggie has said over the week (at least, the ones I managed to catch). New words are in italics.


  • She had two bird feathers, one in each hand, pretending to fly around the house. Suddenly, she dropped them both and stopped flying. "What happened?" Bobby asked. "Why did you stop?" Her answer: "Because I'm molting."
  • "Let's do something fun, Mommy," she said. "I'm folding laundry," I replied. "Does that sound like fun?" "Nooooo. That's boring," she said.
  • "I have stuff between my toes. It's disgusting."
  • "That silly old government!!" (That's one way to describe what's happening in Washington ...)
  • Bobby asked her how her first day of school went, and she answered: "It was exactly fine."
  • "Don't sing, Mommy. It makes me attracted." I asked her if she meant distracted, and she said yes. Either way, both are new words for her!
  • She was walking back and forth along her see saw, letting each side fall down as she stepped across the center. "Look at me, Mommy! I control my body and balance. I'm controlling myself!"

1 comment:

Candy said...

I agree with Maggie...folding laundry is boring and one of my least favorite chores (Actually, I don't mind the folding so much, it's the putting away. Ugh)