After less than 24 hours on prednisone, I am feeling SO much better! I can do normal things again, like dressing myself, driving, and walking! I'm on a pretty high dose--I take four pills at once, first thing in the morning--but it's working! (I'll probably look like a balloon the next time you all see me, but there comes a time when you have to sacrifice vanity for comfort, no?)
I slept better last night thanks to the pain relief. Today I feel like a totally different person. No more shuffling around like a 90-year-old lady, no more asking Bobby to do everything for me, no more telling Maggie I can't hold her (that's the worst part).
Prednisone rocks!
Keto Italian Meatball Casserole
4 years ago

2 comments:
I am so glad you are feeling better. I have been thinking of you TONS and TONS wondering how you were doing. I'll continue to think & pray for you.
Found your blog through your BabyCenter post. I'm the one with the Katie Kay Tees blog that was referred to you. (Let me know if you're still interested in that!)
So I'm reading your blog, and especially your post "Lupus Sucks." You described EXACTLY how I've been feeling for 90% of the time since mid-June. At first I thought it was because we got a new bed, and now I don't think that's it. There are mornings it is so painful to move!
I wrote on Babycenter that my mom had lupus and my dad had mixed connective tissue disorder. I've had all my levels checked in January, and it appears I have the markers for MCTD (like Dad). The rheumatologist said I might never show symptoms, or it could be years or just months. And then in June, I started feeling like this. I don't know what lupus feels like (until I read your post), so wasn't sure if that's what I've been feeling. Now I'm terrified! I don't want to go down the same path as my parents.
Anyway, I already have an appt. with my Rheum on 9/25. I tried to see my chiropractor and to go down the "natural" route, but have still been in such pain that I caved and called the Rheum.
Now I'm babbling on and on to you. Sorry to have bored you! But I'm just glad I got to read what you wrote. Maybe it'll help me figure out what's going on.
BTW, how did you feel on the Prednizone? Mom used to take it and HATED it because it caused insomnia and aggressive behavior and weight gain. Ugh!
Post a Comment