Friday, September 19, 2008

Wit & Wisdom, beach week

Here is this week's wit and wisdom, a collection of the funny or insightful things I managed to catch Maggie saying. I feel like she's been in rare form this week ... saying something hilarious all the time, but alas, I have not caught too many of them. Anyway, as usual, new words are in italics.


  • She kept sneezing on the way to the beach, and I commented on it. She answered, "Maybe my nose works differently here than it does at home."

  • She was unbuttoning my pajama shirt, and I told her, "Don't unbutton all of them. I don't want everyone to see my boobies." She replied: "You would be embarrassed?" While she's used the word embarrassed before (actually, I think she said embarrassing), this is the first time she used it in perfect context.

  • "Hey Grandma, want to know what I dreamed about? I dreamed that I had chocolate milk in my sippy cup and I was swimming around in it with my swimmies."

  • "I'm making an observation of animals like this."

  • "It's a magic mouth lick." (licking her pretend boo-boos to heal them)

  • "Mommy, if you say that I can color Tinkerbell all day long and all night long ... I just might."

  • "It's not computering time, it's only puzzle time and book time."

No comments: