When we got back to the house, Maggie couldn't wait to open up the kite and start flying it. She did a great job flying it all by herself -- of course, that's pretty easy at the beach where there's always tons of wind. She quickly mastered the art of running in order to get the kite airbourne, and whenever it crashed she'd jerk the string up and down while running, to get it flying again. She took off and ran 1/2 mile down the beach without stopping, then decided her legs were "too tired" and slowly made her way back to our house while I flew the kite.
Here are she and my dad, flying the kite:
---
She also enjoyed playing hopscotch in the sand yesterday ... my mom drew the squares and Maggie jumped in them.
Perhaps yesterday's Fun Thing was jumping, because she also had a blast jumping off these steps that lead from the beach up to our house.
---
And yes, even though it was pretty cool yesterday, my dad and I got in the water nonetheless. It's hard to see, but Bobby took this picture of me bodysurfing. Look for the splash in the dead center of the photo.







1 comment:
Sorry I missed the last few days...it looks like great fun!! I think there are some REALL GREAT pictures in those so far! HAVE EVEN MORE FUN
Post a Comment