- "I feel stressed."
- She was bored while Bobby and I were working in the yard, and she announced, "No one will play with me ... I have disappointion." (pronounced disappoint-shun)
- Later, that same day (working in the yard), our neighbor came over to say hi. Maggie couldn't see her behind the tree where she was playing, so I said, "Maggie, look who it is." She responded by asking, "And who might I see?"
- You know how when kids are upset, everything sort of comes pouring out? (Bear with me, this one's gonna require some explanation ...) Maggie has a tiny water gun that she plays with in the tub. On Thursday, the stopper fell out and went down the drain. Earlier that day, we'd discovered a dead mouse on the driveway that one of the cats had caught. And the day before, her frisbee flew over the fence and into the neighbor's yard ... or so we thought. We haven't been able to find it since. Anyway, back to Thursday night, Bobby had been bathing her upstairs when she got upset about the water gun/drain incident. She came racing downstairs for a hug; as I comforted her and asked what was wrong, she sobbed, "My water gun part went down the drain and I lost my frisbee and I want that mouse to be alive ... and I want a trampoline!" We have no idea where the trampoline comment came from.
Reading update:
Here are two more books she's read on her own. Both are from Newmark Learning's Rising Readers series which I mentioned in the last W&W post.
Look At Me
Look at me! I have a skateboard! I like to ride my skateboard!
Look at me! I like to ride. I have a new bike. I have a helmet, too.
Look at me! I play soccer. I am good at soccer.
Look at me! I like to read books. I am a good reader!
Look at me! I play the guitar. I like to play.
Look at me! I play basketball. I am good at basketball. I play in my wheelchair.
Look at me! I like to dance. I can dance on my toes.
Look at me!
Mrs. Kangaroo's Pouch
Mrs. Kangaroo was hopping to the lake. Her joey was at the lake.
Mrs. Kangaroo saw 4 lizards. "Can we ride in your pouch?" they asked.
"Yes, you can," said Mrs. Kangaroo. So the 4 lizards got in. 1, 2, 3, 4 ...
Mrs. Kangaroo saw 3 mice. "Can we ride in your pouch?" they asked.
"Yes, you can," said Mrs. Kangaroo. So the 3 mice got in. 1, 2, 3 ...
Mrs. Kangaroo saw 2 possums. "Can we ride, too?" they asked.
"Get in!" said Mrs. Kangaroo. So the 2 possums got in the pouch. 1, 2 ...
They got to the lake. The 4 lizards got out. The 3 mice got out. The 2 possums got out, too. Joey said, "Now can I get in?"

2 comments:
LOL! I love the trampoline comment!! Sarah's latest new expression is, "I'm struggling here!" As in - "Come on Mom, help me out..." ;-P
I love when all the random woes come out at once. So funny!
Post a Comment