As many of you know, I joined Facebook just a few months ago. Somehow, through friends' pages or whatnot, I recently stumbled across the blog of a former high school classmate, and let me tell you, it's amazing! (And I should probably go ahead and include a disclaimer here that viewing her blog may induce feelings of inadequacy.) I remember Melissa as sweet person and a gifted singer and actress; the best way I know to describe her now is a cross between Supermom and a Southern Martha Stewart ... and then some.
She really has a knack for bring beauty to every day ... those small touches that can make such a difference. On her blog, she shares delicious recipes and gift ideas, plus her four children's incredible birthday parties, special hand-sewn clothes, and back yard tea parties ... with even the boys participating! (And right now she's got a nice pillowcase dress giveaway going on!) Reading it has inspired me to at least try to do a few little extras here or there. For example, on Monday morning, a beautiful blooming peony out front made me smile in the midst of a challenging morning, so when I picked Maggie up from school, together we clipped a few of the biggest blooms and brought them inside. Of course Maggie wanted to take the vase back outside, insisting the flowers needed sunshine ...
... but I talked her into bringing them back inside, and we're still enjoying their beautiful color and sweet scents. So, thanks Melissa! It's great to be back in touch with you.
Be sure to check out her blog, A Little Loveliness. I think you'll be glad you did!
Keto Italian Meatball Casserole
4 years ago


3 comments:
So smart from you to take some in. Ours had just started blooming last weekend. They were so pretty. Today Pia was about to cry to see them all on the ground dirty and wet from all the rain. I should have gotten them in. But shhh don't tell Pia!!
Thank you for your sweet comments! I am so glad to be back in touch. And those peonies? Oh, my, they are so beautiful! I wish they grew in our region, but I don't think our winters are cold enough. Anyway, that is a gorgeous photograph, and I am flattered to see my name in the same post as such lovely blooms! Thank you again!
I love peonies - I had dried peonies in my wedding bouquet (it was the end of November in Nova Scotia!) Ours have just started to peek through the soil, about an inch and won't be in full bloom until the end of June, beginning of July. I can't wait but will enjoy yours until then!
Post a Comment