Friday, May 22, 2009

Preschool performance

Maggie's preschool held its end-of-the-year musical program ("Morning on the Farm") this morning. It was a busy day for us -- Bobby took the day off work so he could attend the performance, and we were joined by his mom and step-dad. Following the program, Lynda and J.R. treated us to lunch, then Bobby, Maggie, and I visited the Chattanooga Nature Center.

I'll upload video later this weekend, and I'll probably put the individual pictures in a Shutterfly album as well, but here are a few collages to give you a hint of the fun we had this morning.

To start things off, the pre-kindergarteners performed the adorable Three Piggy Opera; every child had some sort of speaking or singing role, and no one forgot his or her lines (at least, not that we could tell!).


Maggie's age group dressed as butterflies (they made the wings themselves) and performed four songs: Jesus Loves the Little Children, If I Were a Butterfly, Oh Mr. Sun, and All Around the Kitchen Cock-a-Doodle-Doodle-Doo.

Maggie did great this year! (Last year she stood on stage with two fingers in her mouth the whole time, refusing to sing.) She sang and did nearly all the motions -- what an improvement!


Here are a few shots of Maggie and those who are special to her, clockwise from top left: Mrs. Kathy, the preschool director; her friend Maddie, one of the "graduates"; her friend Ian; Mammaw and Poppaw; and her teacher, Mrs. Dana.

Since I'm always the one taking pictures, I love these next few -- I actually remembered to hand the camera over to Bobby for some pictures of Maggie and me together.

Oh how I love this girl!




I made small flower buckets for Mrs. Dana, Mrs. Kathy, and the school's assistants and was really pleased with how they turned out. I took the general idea for these arrangements from my friend Melissa's blog and then modified it slightly to suit my style and supplies. I'll post instructions later if anyone is interested.

Finally, here are a couple of cute individual shots from today ... they just didn't fit into any of the other collages:

Maggie and Mammaw share a laugh at lunch.


Being silly in the parking lot.


Stay tuned ... tomorrow I'll share pictures from our trip to the Chattanooga Nature Center. We loved it!




2 comments:

Alicia said...

The flower buckets turned out really cute! Great job! The program looks really cute, too! Congrats to Maggie finishing this year of pre-K!

Jennifer said...

Looks like you guys had a great day! I love the flower buckets! Too cute!