Monday, November 10, 2008

Rest for the weary

I'm tired.



I'm physically tired from not sleeping well, and I'm emotionally tired from a huge host of other things. So I've decided to take a small step in what I think is the right direction: a break from my extensive computer use -- especially the internet -- to see if that helps. It won't be easy, especially at first, but my goal is two weeks. Fourteen days. No blogging, no message boards, no aimless surfing. I'll still check email, since that's become such a pervasive way to communicate, but I'm going to try to limit that to a quick check once each morning. And I reserve the right to sign on to the internet as a resource for news, recipes, or something else semi-urgent. ;-) But as soon as I'm done, I'm shutting the computer down for the day.



Instead, I'm going to rediscover the joy of putting pen to paper rather than finger to keyboard. I'm going to clean my house and keep it that way. I'm going to finish books I started long ago, and I'm going to do my Bible study a little each day rather than cram it all into one last-minute night. And most importantly, I'm going to focus on my family and myself.



See you in a couple of weeks ...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I will miss you but will be here when you are ready. Enjoy your family time - we understand!

Anonymous said...

I hope your experiment turns out how you're hoping. And we'll be here whenever you get back...