Our Cherub Choir performed during the 11 a.m. service. Last year Maggie started in the choir, and this year several of her friends (Heidi, Meghan, and Alex) have joined too. The kids sang "This Little Light of Mine" and were adorable! Of course MY child promptly sat down in the back row (the other kids were standing), so I could barely see her to get a picture or video.

She did sing though; I could see that much. Kids' author Phillip Rodgers visited our church today; he conducted the children's sermon and later visited the young kids' classes and read them his new book, "When Was God Born?" We bought a copy for Maggie, and not only did he sign her book, but he showed her how to draw Bailey the Bear and drew her her very own picture.
After lunch with the Muellers and the Simmons, we all headed to the WTCI Family Fun Day, where the kids could tour the local PBS affiliate studios and meet some of there favorite characters. As we were arriving, we ran into Alicia and Rebekah. Maggie was in a bit of a mood but still enjoyed meeting Curious George ...

Word Girl ...

and Martha from the new show Martha Speaks.

She also loved this green screen display, which gave the kids a chance to see themselves right in the middle of their favorite TV shows! Through the magic of technology, this ...

became this ...

Soon Rebekah joined her:

---

And no, that wasn't enough for a Sunday ... then Maggie and I headed to the Riverpark to help out a friend -- Jessica asked me to take some family pictures for their Christmas card. Trying to get a good shot of two smiley adults and two squirmy children was ... umm ... challenging. Still, I think a few shots turned out well. I know Jessica wanted the fall colors, so I'll let her share the color photos; I converted some to sepia and think they look nice this way too.

---

Tried to get a few of Maggie too, but she wasn't cooperating super well, so I gave up and just let her play on the playground for a little while. A short while -- it was COLD down by the river.


2 comments:
I love that last one of Jessica's family! I'm sure the color shots are beautiful! Can't wait to see them. We had a great time at WTCI too! It was fun see y'all again!
Looks like fun, Max would have loved it. Too bad we missed it. Love the pics, you did a great job!
Post a Comment