Friday, April 24, 2009

Wit and Wisdom, week of April 24

Here is this week's wit and wisdom, the funny or new things that Maggie's said and I've managed to remember. New words are in italics.


  • "Ian's mommy said I could come over any time. And on Thursday, she said they're always at home. So I think I should be able to go to their house every day." Pretty good logic!
  • Bobby's mom called, and Maggie wanted to talk to her. She asked me, "Will you save some talking so that I can talk too?"

  • Unaware that Maggie was still talking to me, I walked away from her and into another room. She called after me, chiding, "Mama, you hanged up on me while I was talking to you! That's not polite!"

  • After church Wed., she was swinging on the playground, telling silly stories about her beloved Baby Caca. I liked the account of Caca's meals that day: "For breakfast, Caca ate a caterpillar and a bumblebee; for lunch she ate a butterfly, and for dinner she ate mulch and a blue jay."

  • She said something to Bobby and then turned to me and said, "Oops, I just demanded that Daddy wait for me."

  • "Baby Sally is having a protest for her ears." When I asked her what a protest was, she answered, "A test for them."
  • On Tuesday, we went to Knoxville and she fell asleep on the way home, which meant she had trouble falling asleep later that night. Time and again, Bobby and I hugged, kissed, snuggled, retrieved water, and fetched stuffed friends, only to have her call down yet another request. When I told her no more, then the chatter started. My favorite was this line of discussion:
    Maggie: "Mama, I wish I could have a TV in my room!"
    me: "You don't need a TV in your room."
    Maggie: "Oh, OK."
    -long pause-
    Maggie: "Mama, where do you think would be a good place for a TV in my room if I COULD have a TV in my room?"
    me: "I don't know."
    Maggie: "I have some good ideas."
    me: "OK, great. Tell them to me tomorrow."
    Maggie: "OK."
    -long pause-
    Maggie: "Mama, I just had a really serious dream ..."

No comments: