Last week, Maggie and I went to my friend Annette's house to see two 2-week-old puppies! Annette and her daughter Mary are providing the puppies with a foster home until they're old enough to be adopted; right now they're bottle-feeding the babies every four hours! We went at feedin' time, and Maggie got to help feed this one:
They were SO cute, and Maggie did a great job being gentle and calm with the tiny puppy. (And in an unexpected bonus, we got to raid Annette's kids' book stash -- she has two teenaged daughters but has saved so many wonderful books from when they were younger. I borrowed lots of cool books, including Strega Nona, God Makes Us Different, Amazing Grace (wonderful!), and Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day. I'm now a card-carrying member of the Flynn Family Lending Library, and I'll be enjoying its privileges more as long as they'll let me.)
On a totally different note, I think the whole fun-with-food concept is a great way to get kids to eat healthier, but some of the projects are way too in-depth for me. Not so with this cute pear bunny that I saw on a friend's blog. It was perfect for Easter, and it was super easy -- a pear half, two raisins, two almond slices, and a dollop of cottage cheese for the cotton tail.
Maggie didn't eat the cottage cheese or the lettuce, but I guess 3 out of 5 isn't too bad. Stay tuned for Easter pictures (or just check out my Facebook album if you're there).

1 comment:
We have all of those books and all of our kids have LOVED Strenga Nona - I think I have it memorized!! My mother used to do that with pears when we were little - thanks for the reminder! I should try it with the kids...
p.s. LOVED all your Easter photos on FB!
Post a Comment