Saturday, July 5, 2008

Wit & Wisdom, week of July 4

Here is this week's wit and wisdom, funny and insightful things Maggie has said. New words are in italics.

  • "I need a beverage!"

  • She had asked for a drink, and we were in the car, almost home, so I told her to wait. Her response was, "But I'm really hot!" I turned up the AC and aimed the vents so they'd blow on her more, and she said, "No, I'm really hot in my tummy! That's why I need a drink."

  • We were playing "I Spy" in the car and she asked, "Is it in the seat that's full, or in the seat that's occupied?"
  • "No, no, no, my lemonade was unfinished!"

  • "I have a million things in my closet ... baby things that I used to do stuff with when I was a baby. A million is a lot."

  • "I like it better this way [having her juicebox inside the holder] because I don't like the Sesame Street characters, and this way I don't have to look at them." (and yet her juicebox holder has Elmo on it)

  • "I only like boys and girls if I know them. If I don't know them, I don't like them."

  • "I'm letting Georgie [our cat] outside. Georgie deserves to go outside."

  • "Chill out!" Said to Mommy and Daddy while we were arguing about something dumb. When we immediately got quiet, she said, "I chilled ya'll out! I'm the best! I'm Super Maggie!"

  • "I have decided that I'm going to play."
  • "In a couple of days when I turn 5, then I'll be able to read all of this book."
  • She was singing The Wiggles song "Lights, Camera, Action," but instead of yelling "Wiggles!" after the chorus, she sang the following: "Lights, camera, action - boogers! Welcome to our booger show!"
  • "I like the cavity bugs. They live in my teeth and I like them."
  • "Look at that one gliding." (we were watching fireworks from her bedroom window)

And this one isn't a Maggie-ism, but I had to share a funny W&W, courtesy of Maggie's friend Meghan this week. Her parents had been explaining to her about not talking to strangers, and they ran through various scenarios: What if someone offers you candy? What if someone asks you to look for a puppy? What if someone says they're lost? The next day, Meghan was recapping the conversation, and she told her mom, "But it's OK to eat the candy if it comes from Jesus or LeeAnne, right?" Who knew I was right up there with Christ Himself in Meghan's eyes?!? ;)

Finally, Maggie read a few new words this week: toy, fun, cow, and swim.

No comments: