- "I have to be the leader because I'm holding other people (those 'other people' were her stuffed bear and stuffed dog). Only people who are holding people can be the leaders."
- "I don't like Ms. Paula (her summer teacher) anymore." When I asked why, she said, "Because of her t-shirt." I asked what was wrong with her t-shirt, and Maggie said, "It was pink and I don't like pink anymore. I don't like any of the colors I used to like anymore."
- "He's not eating very neatful." (we were reading a book about manners)
- On trying a new food: "I like it, but I don't like the taste of it."
- She came in from playing in the backyard, saying excitedly: "Mommy, Mommy, look! I found a single mushroom! It was growing in the yard. I think we should save it and cook it tomorrow and eat it for breakfast."
- We were waiting in line for a ride at Splash Country last week, and the lady behind us asked Maggie how old she was. When Maggie replied that she was three, the lady asked, "When will you be four?" Maggie's response: "On my next birthday."
While snuggling in the bed Wednesday night, we had this conversation:
Maggie: "How tall is God? Is he bigger than a giant?"
me: "Yes, he's taller than a giant."
Maggie: "Is he taller than the sky?"
me: "He made the sky, so he's even taller than it!"
Maggie: "How tall is he, Mommy?"
me: "Well, it's sort of hard to explain. He's sooo big, we can't even imagine it."
Maggie: "Is he FORTY POUNDS?"
me: "I think he's even bigger."
Maggie: "SIXTY POUNDS?!?!??!"
me: "Yep, I think 60 is pretty close."

No comments:
Post a Comment