Thursday, July 3, 2008

About me

For the first time, I've been "meme'd" ... thanks Des! It's like one of those email forwards, but for a blog instead, I guess. Here's mine ...

The rules of the game get posted at the beginning. Each player answers the questions about themselves. At the end of the post, the player then tags 5 people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know they’ve been tagged and asking them to read your blog. Let the person who tagged you know when you’ve posted your answer.

What was I doing 10 years ago? Bobby and I were married in April 1998, so I guess we were settling in to married life, and I was working as a college admissions counselor, debating whether to return to grad school, which I'd left the year before. (I did eventually go back, but I switched majors ... from public administration to writing.)

What are 5 things on my to-do list for today?

  • Make cookies for our July 4th outing tonight
  • pack supplies for said outing
  • feed the neighbor's dog - ugh
  • laundry (tomorrow)
  • finish consignment sale stuff (tomorrow)
Three snacks I enjoy:
anything chocolate, hummus, cheese

Four things I would do if I were a billionaire:

  • Pay off our home/help family members with their debts and mortgages/buy or build a bigger, more "green" house
  • Give to our church and other charities
  • Travel
  • Maybe start an animal rescue sanctuary
  • (sorry I'm adding a fifth ...) Reinstate Chattanooga's weekly curbside recycling pickup and expand it to the county
Five places I have lived:

  • Anderson, SC
  • Simpsonville, SC
  • Yorktown, VA
  • Morristown, TN
  • Chattanooga, TN
Six jobs I have had:

  • Mom (the best one!) :)
  • newspaper reporter
  • college English instructor
  • new student orientation coordinator
  • college admissions counselor
  • grocery store cashier (summer job while in college)
People I want to know more about: I feel weird "tagging" people since everyone I know is really busy already. So how 'bout this ... if you see this post and want to participate in this fun game, feel free! Just be sure to post a comment here letting me know your answers are on your blog so that I can check them out too! :)

No comments: