Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Update on Maggie

Maggie was LOTS better today. I checked on her several times last night, and after Bobby and I got ready for bed, he carried her into our bed so that I wouldn’t have to get up every few hours to check on her. She slept fine, and this morning I gave her another dose of Tylenol, just in case her head was hurting. She did fine at preschool and didn’t complain at all about her head hurting. Throughout the day, she was active and silly and back to her normal self.

(As an interesting aside, last night I dreamed over and over about Maggie climbing. She never actually fell in any of the dreams, but she kept scaling all sorts of horribly dangerous places. Like the trusses of a tall, anonymous bridge. Or the antenna atop the Empire State Building. I was completely powerless to stop her; I could only stand on the ground, looking up at my baby climbing, and do nothing as my legs quivered with fear. I know these dreams were because of Maggie's fall yesterday, but ugh ugh ugh ... they were so disturbing. I'm hoping for a better night tonight.)

The boo-boo itself looks a lot better today too. A lot of the swelling has gone down, so it’s not nearly as huge, and right now it just looks like a bad scrape. I’m waiting to see if/when the bruising starts. I can’t imagine that it won't bruise, as hard as she hit the ground, but we’ll see. Her preschool end-of-year program is Friday, so she might have a nice shiner to show off at the program. :) Just kidding … I really don’t care what she looks like, just as long as she’s OK.

Thank you all for your concern and your prayers. Bobby and I both are so incredibly thankful that she seems to be back to normal.

1 comment:

Alicia said...

I'm so glad that Maggie is doing better! Rebekah and I are praying for her every night. Hopefully she'll be as good as new in no time.