That afternoon, I attended a baby shower while Bobby took Maggie to an open house at a new community pool. They were joined by our friends Bill, Meghan, and Cason (the shower was at Bill's wife's house). The guys and kids had a great time at the pool, and everyone commented on the bravery they exhibited by taking their children on a momless trip to the pool.
That night, we saw Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull. SOOOOO not as good as the previous IJ movies. I don't want to give anything away for those of you who may be planning to see it, but the premise of this movie just didn't seem to fit with the rest of the series. It's by far and away my least favorite of the IJ movies. Maggie stayed with Bobby's mom, and she fell asleep at 9 p.m., only barely waking up when we transported her home. We were worried she'd be up the whole time, and she's been acting seriously sleep-deprived for much of the weekend, so this was a wonderful ending to the night.
Yesterday morning, Bobby pulled a muscle or something in his neck and was really hurting. He ended up taking a muscle relaxer and going back to bed, while Maggie and I went to church. Later that day, we all went to the Wilson's for an impromptu cookout with another family from church/playgroup. The girls had a good time playing in the backyard, especially the kiddie pool. Here are some pictures:
Ahoy there, Daddy!

Maggie loves this little kiddie coaster. She rides it every time we're at their house:

The three girls eating at the kids' table (always hard to get all three of them looking cute at the same time ... I think Heidi had just gotten a chip jabbed in her mouth here):

Meghan's facial expressions ALWAYS crack me up:

Heidi loved playing in the water!

So like I said earlier, after the business of the weekend, we were glad to relax and spend today at home. I'm happy to say that the kittens are still around, and they seem to be feeling more at ease with us. They're still a bit timid, but they no longer hide the instant we come into the garage. I actually managed to pet one of them today; he was purring, so I took that as a good sign and picked him up. Big mistake ... he let me hold him for a few seconds -- truth be told, I think he was a little paralyzed with fear -- and then scrambled out of my hands. At least it wasn't a horrible setback; within the hour he was back out, playing with a string. It's like I'm being teased every time I go out and look at them. Who can resist a sweet cuddly kitten???? To have TWO of them in my garage and not be able to love on them ... it's killin' me.

At least they've ventured down to a big cat bed and are sleeping in it together ... no more sleeping amongst the power tools.
P.S. One more week until The Mole! ;)

No comments:
Post a Comment