Last week, I enrolled Maggie in the local public library's summer reading program. I remember doing this as a kid, and I was eager to sign her up because I was looking for a fun way to encourage her to keep up her reading skills while she's on vacation from school.
Just for signing up, kids receive a coupon for half-price admisison to the Tennessee Aquarium, along with stickers, bookmarks, and a reading log. In return, students are to read at least 10 books before the end of July and log them in their reading log - which is basically a list of the books they've read. If they successfully complete their 10 books, they get to go to a grand finale celebration with games, stories and a slime-making station! Maggie would love for some of her friends to attend the celebration with her, so consider signing up! (Pre-readers can participate by having the books read to them.)
Maggie has already read two books - Green Butterfly and We're Rabbits - so she's well on her way! Signups continue through July 17, and the deadline for turning in a completed reading log is July 24. Come and join us in summer reading!
Keto Italian Meatball Casserole
4 years ago

1 comment:
I was just looking at the summer reading list for Kindy. This is a great way to kill two birds with one stone!
Post a Comment