For several weeks, Maggie's had a runny nose. Nothing major, no fever or green tint to indicate infection, but nothing has helped it - not Benadryl, not OTC decongestant, and I finally stopped giving her medicines since I wasn't seeing any results. But still it continues to pour (and has actually turned a little green today), so we're heading to the doctor this afternoon to have it checked out. In the meantime, we're dealing with an overabundance of "bogeys," as we call them. This morning, Maggie was playing on the couch when I saw her wipe her nose and then wipe the remnants onto the couch.
"Maggie," I asked. "Did you just wipe a bogey on the couch?" She nodded sheepishly, so I sent her to time-out. When her time-out was over and we were having our Time-Out Talk, I asked her if she knew why she'd been sent to time-out. "Because I wiped bogey on the couch," she answered. I continued my questioning: "And why do you think this isn't an OK thing to do?"
She thought for a minute and answered (with a straight face): "Well ... because you might forget the bogey is there, and later you might accidentally lick the couch in that same spot, and then you'd have put a bogey in your mouth."
Not exactly the answer I was going for ...
Keto Italian Meatball Casserole
4 years ago

2 comments:
"LOL" doesn't even come close to encompassing what i'm doing right now...
OMG, that's the funniest thing I've ever heard! How in the world did you keep a straight face????
Post a Comment