This morning while looking for the perfect dress-up dress, Maggie stumbled across the apron my mother-in-law made her a year or so ago when she was interested in playing waitress. Designed to Maggie's specifications, it ties behind the neck and waist and features pockets on the front for napkins, straws, and a notepad on which she writes orders.
Forgetting the dress-up quest, Maggie put her apron on, wrapped the strings over and over until they stayed put tied it herself, and began to plan breakfast. When she took my order, I asked for a scrambled egg sandwich and coffee; she told me she couldn't spell scrambled, so she was just going to write down 'egg sandwich.' She returned shortly and told me the restaurant didn't have any scrambled egg sandwiches or coffee. "What kind of restaurant doesn't have coffee?" I asked. Her answer? "Well, anything I don't know how to make, we don't have."
She brought me a cheese sandwich (bread and cheese), Nutter Butter cookies, and a straw for my coffee!
Still wearing her apron, Maggie takes a puzzle/snack break.
Oh how I love this girl!



1 comment:
Too funny!
Post a Comment