- We were playing Hungry Hippos, and she was getting frustrated at her inability to "eat" any marbles. First she whined, "My hippo is so hungry, and she doesn't have anything to eat!" Then she took matters into her own hands, instructing Bobby and me to let her eat all the marbles on the next round. "My hippo is going to eat them all until her tummy fills up and then she's going to throw up!" she said excitedly.
- I made veggie kabobs as part of dinner one night using iron skewers shaped in a semi-circle. Maggie looked at the kabobs I'd arranged on the platter and asked, "What are we having for dinner? Vegetable necklaces?"
- She and Bobby were wrestling when she scraped her leg on the edge of our bed. There was barely any visible wound, but she carried on all night as if her shin were split -- crying, hopping, refusing to put any weight on the leg at all. When I tired of telling her repeatedly to get ready for her bath and yelled, she looked at me with big, sad eyes and said, "Mommy, I don't like being yelled at when I'm really, really hurt." (Note: she was nowhere near really, really hurt.)
- From the backseat on Sunday afternoon: "I'm just back here, doing odd jobs."
Keto Italian Meatball Casserole
4 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment