I've been kind of amazed at how much my foot has bruised up since my fall on Saturday. Not only is the affected toe bruised as you'd expect, but now my whole foot has taken on a corpse-like bluish tint. Five days after the injury, the bruises are as gross as ever. So for anyone who's interested, here are some pictures of my injured foot.
If you're at all squeamish about these sorts of things, turn back now.
Or now ...
You've been warned ...
The top of my foot

A side-by-side comparison ...

Side view (this is the toe that's broken) ...

I'll be accepting sympathy messages and other expressions of pity through the end of the month.
:-)
3 comments:
That is awful!! I can't believe the bruise even goes up your ankle. I know it has to be painful. Try to follow the doctor's orders even though I'm sure it will be hard.
Ouch!! Make the most of your time with your feet up - mom's don't get forced off their feet very often!!
My foot looked quite similar 2 weeks before I graduated college. ;) I was back behind the chutes at a rodeo, in flip flops-what a wise fashion statement. I got stepped on then a friend who was training to be an EMT told me that it looked to be dislocated and she would "pop it back." Well she was wrong and by the time I got to a doctor my foot was 3 sizes too big and I ended up breaking 2 toes and 4 metatarsals (the little bones at the base of the toes.)
I don't envy you or the FABULOUS footwear you get to sport for 3-6 weeks. Hope you feel better soon.
Post a Comment