Friday, October 31, 2008

Wit & Wisdom, week of Halloween

Here is this week's wit and wisdom. New words are in italics.


  • We were on our way to Boo in the Zoo, and we passed a gas station. Maggie asked what C-I-T-G-O spelled, and I told her Citgo, which is the name of that gas station. She thought for a minute and said, "Is it called that because you sit while you're getting gas, and then you go when you're done?" I thought that was a pretty good theory!

  • "I can't do it now. I have to work until 10 o'clock."

  • She was reading her new American Girl catalog on the way to preschool this week and said, "You know, Mommy, I wouldn't mind having another Bitty Baby." Oh really, I asked. "Yeah," she answered. "Two babies ... that would be awesome." (By the way, I did not plan to encourage the American Girl phenomenon this early. Bobby's dad got her Bitty Baby for Christmas last year, and now she's on their mailing list.)

  • "Daddy, Daddy, can I be the leader since I'm so special and since I just had a birthday and I just played Cariboo?"

  • "I'm going to eat with my fork and spoon because I want to eat politely."

  • We were in the dentist's waiting room, and the TV was showing MSNBC's live coverage of a McCain speech. Maggie asked, "Is that Palin?" Perhaps we're exposing her to a little too much political talk ...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think everyone's been exposed to a little too much political talk lately. The other night, Sarah came downstairs from bed, and Obama happened to be speaking on CNN. She looked at me and said, "he's talking about music." Excuse me? "You know", she replied, "He's talking about Hope - you know Hope - she sings in the choir next to Ginna!"